The Juniors will take part in an alternative programme which offers participation in a diverse range of activities.
The elective programme is compulsory, all boys are expected to participate in this day. This year’s programme will run over one day – Friday 7 December.
On Monday 10 December we have our annual Parihaka run.
The following itinerary is designed to maximize student safety and enjoyment. Please ensure your son/ward is aware of the day’s format and run route.
|8.45 am||Whanau Time|
|9.00 am||Normal lesson time|
|10.00 am||Whanau Time – complete clearance matters, roll check and change. Leave bags in locked Whanau rooms|
|10.30 am||All junior students to Swimming Pool area for Parihaka Run briefing|
|11.00 am||Students escorted to Mair Park Playground area by Whanau staff. Boys and staff to walk with Whanau along designated route|
|11.25 am||Roll check at start/finish area prior to race start|
|11.30 am||Year 9 run starts|
|11.45 am||Year 10 run starts|
|1.00 pm||Final roll check and return to school escorted|
|2.10pm||Prize giving practice – whole school|
* At completion of the run, all students are to be checked on Whanau rolls at their respective locations in start/finish area (Mair Park).
* Students must remain at start/finish area until all runners have returned. They will then be escorted back to WBHS by staff at approximately 1.00pm. The school programme for the afternoon will also involve all students preparing for Junior Prize-giving on Friday 14 December. Dismissal will be at the end of period 5.
- All students are to travel to and from school in normal school uniform.
- Runners are required to compete in Whanau colours (PE uniform). Suitable running shoes are recommended for undulating and gravel surface. Please ensure your running shoes are clean, this is to prevent the spread of Kauri Die Back Disease: For more information on this see here: http://www.kauridieback.co.nz/kauri-dieback
- Please ensure supply of own lunch, drink and sunscreen.
- Runners must stay on the marked tracks at all times.
- Staff will be placed along the track and follow the rear of the field.
- Runners must be ‘stamped’ at the memorial (half-way point) before continuing race.
If your son/ward is unable to participate in the Parihaka Run please give a written note to the school’s Main Office (Phone 430 4170) before 4.00pm, Monday 3 December 2018.
The 2018 Junior prizegiving will be held on Friday 14 December at 10.30am in the school hall. Please be seated by 10.15am.