2017 – 2018 PTA Officers
Chairperson: Lynne Meldrum 021 0267 1787
Vice Chair & Uniform Co-ordinator: Denise Limby 021 213 2568
Secretary: Stella Campbell 021 367 546
Treasurer: Frances Hill 027 579 9960
Who are we?
The Whangarei Boys’ High School PTA are a group of parents / caregivers and staff whose purpose is to encourage greater family involvement with the school and raise funds for the benefit of the school community as a whole. We meet on the 4th Wednesday of the month, during term time, at 7pm in the Staffroom. The PTA sells second hand uniforms items which have been DONATED to Whangarei Boys’ High School. What you can expect:
- Informal monthly meetings (Usually the 4th Wednesday of the month during school terms) with presentations from guest speakers providing an insight into varied aspects of school life. Meeting minutes are subsequently circulated by email.
- The opportunity to get to know a fun and friendly bunch of parents, especially when helping out at events.
- A chance to ask questions around what is happening in the school.
- An opportunity to provide input into which initiatives are funded by the PTA. Last year, these included the Science and Geography Departments, the Library and Carruth House.
Generally the PTA raises funds through two main sources:
- Selling donated second hand uniforms. There is the main sale in late January but uniform items are also available for sale throughout the year.
PTA Uniform sale – Wednesday 23 January
- “Movie Night” which takes place mid to late May each year.
The PTA also provides assistance at a number of events including the Arts Evening, the Awards Dinner and the Senior Prizegiving. New members are welcome at any time of the year. If you have any further questions, please contact Lynne Meldrum on 021 0267 1787 or Dianna Bradshaw on 021 367 546.
2014 Constitution of the PTA