PTA meetings are held twice a term. The PTA contact person is Lynne Meldrum ph 021 026 71787.
2021 – 2022 PTA Officers
Chairperson: Lynne Meldrum 021 0267 1787
Secretary: Nikki Diamond 021 287 7148
Treasurer: Stella Campbell 021 367 546
Nikki Diamond 021 287 7148
Trudy Hudson-Owen 021 277 8070
Who are we?
The Whangārei Boys’ High School PTA are a group of parents/caregivers and staff whose purpose is to encourage greater family involvement with the school and raise funds for the benefit of the school community as a whole. The PTA sells second-hand uniforms items that have been DONATED to Whangārei Boys’ High School. What you can expect:
- Informal meetings are held twice a term with presentations from guest speakers providing an insight into varied aspects of school life. Meeting minutes are subsequently circulated by email.
- The opportunity to get to know a fun and friendly bunch of parents, especially when helping out at events.
- A chance to ask questions about what is happening in the school.
- An opportunity to provide input into which initiatives are funded by the PTA.
Generally, the PTA raises funds through two main sources:
- Selling donated second-hand uniforms. The main sale is held in January in the school hall but uniform items are also available for sale throughout the year.
- Fundraising quiz night
The PTA also provides assistance at a number of events including the Arts Evening, the Awards Dinner and the Senior Prizegiving. New members are welcome at any time of the year. If you have any further questions, please contact Lynne Meldrum on 021 0267 1787.
2014 Constitution of the PTA