PTA meetings are held on a regular basis – there are usually 6 meetings per year and new members are always welcome.
2023 – 2024 PTA Officers
Staff and 2nd Hand Uniform contact:
Mrs Rachel Thornton (Deputy Principal) email: [email protected]
Who are we?
The Whangārei Boys’ High School PTA is a group of parents/caregivers and staff whose purpose is to encourage greater family involvement with the school and raise funds for the benefit of the school community as a whole. The PTA sells second-hand uniforms items that have been DONATED to Whangārei Boys’ High School. What you can expect:
- Information regarding these meetings will be communicated through the school.
Meeting minutes are subsequently circulated by email.
- The opportunity to get to know a fun and friendly bunch of parents, especially when helping out at events.
- A chance to ask questions about what is happening in the school.
- An opportunity to provide input into which initiatives are funded by the PTA.
Generally, the PTA raises funds through two main sources:
- Selling donated second-hand uniforms. The main sale is held in January at the school but uniform items are also available for sale throughout the year.
- Fundraising quiz night Saturday 14th October 2023. The money raised will be used to support our school and students in their educational journey. Your donations can make a real difference for WBHS students. In the past, the PTA have used the funds raised to support prize-giving, scholarships, library books, science equipment, and helping Clubs such as clay target shooting, chess, rugby 7s and breakfast club. We are currently looking for sponsors for this event. For further information or to discuss any sponsorship ideas or questions, please contact Gina Dixon 021 020 00738 email [email protected].
Further information regarding the quiz night including how to enter a team, will be coming shortly.
The PTA also provides assistance at a number of events including the Arts Evening, the Awards Dinner and the Senior Prizegiving. New members are welcome at any time of the year. If you have any further questions, please contact one of the above Co-Chairpersons.
2014 Constitution of the PTA